Last updated: 02/21/23
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Private and public clinics throughout BiH perform PCR and serological COVID-19 tests. Payment is due in full at the time of the test and current prices are roughly 100 convertible marks (km) for PCR and 40km for antigen.
- Turnaround of results and availability of testing appointments vary based on the city yet clinics in most large cities have testing options daily and return results within 24 hours.
- A list of clinics known to provide COVID-19 testing in BiH can be found on our website here
- Public Health Centers (Dom Zdravlja) test symptomatic individuals regardless of nationality, free of charge. To arrange a test, contact your canton’s health center for additional guidance.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Bosnia and Herzegovina for U.S. citizens to receive? No
- Eligible individuals (BiH residents and/or persons with local health insurance) can sign up following instructions from their locality.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.