The OPEN Program offers foreign English teaching professionals the opportunity to take innovative, online university-level classes in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
There are nine global courses available for the Spring 2021 Term
- Content-based Instruction
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- Teaching English to Young Learners (3-10 years old)
- Fostering Student Engagement and Motivation (FSME)
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- TESOL Methodology
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI)
For more information on these opportunities, please see the Application Process section below.
- This is an online, non-degree program.
- Participants who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and become official ECA International Exchange Alumni.
- The program lasts for eight weeks
- Winter term 2021program dates are April 13, 2021 – June 8, 2021 the orientation will be accessible from March 8, 2021 – April 2, 2021
- Applications for the Spring 2021 term are due on January 27, 2021 at 11:59pm local time. (See below for application form)
- Be highly motivated English language professionals such as teachers, teacher trainers, or ministry officials who are dedicated to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues
- Be highly committed to completing the course
- Be a BiH citizen and reside in BiH for the entire duration of the Summer term 2020 program
- Have the ability to complete academic work at U.S. university level(an advanced level of reading and writing in English, roughly equivalent to a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Score of 525/iBT 70). Candidates are not required to register for TOEFL
- Have an understanding of English technical terms relating to computers and the Internet
- Have regular access (4-5 times/week) to a reliable, up-to-date computer with high-speed internet connectivity
- Have basic technology skills related to email, internet searches and downloads/uploads, logins/passwords, and e-file use (e.g., PDF files, Microsoft Word or Excel). Practical Applications in Listening and Speaking Skills participants require access to real-time tools such as Skype
- Be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for coursework for the entire duration of the course
- Not be a U.S. citizen.
Interested applicants must apply to the U.S. Embassy in BiH using the application forms available for download.
Candidates may submit their completed application at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Candidate Last, First Name2021 Spring Term AE E-Teacher Program”. Applications must be received by 11:59pm local time on January 24, 2021 .
For more program information, please visit the OPEN program website.
Contact with questions the U.S. Embassy in BiH’s Academic Exchange Coordinator at email@example.com. When emailing, use the subject line: “2021 Spring Term AE E-Teacher Program.”