The AE E-Teacher Program offers foreign English teaching professionals the opportunity to take innovative, online university-level classes in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
There are seven global courses available for the Winter 2020 Term
- Content-based Instruction
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- Teaching English to Young Learners (3-10 years old)
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- TESOL Methodology
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom
You can see descriptions of each course here.
For more information on these opportunities, please see the Application Process section below.
- This is an online, non-degree program.
- Participants who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate of completion and become official ECA International Exchange Alumni.
- The program lasts for eight weeks
- Winter term 2020 program dates are January 7, 2020 (start date) through March 3, 2020 (end date)
- Be highly motivated English language professionals such as teachers, teacher trainers, or ministry officials who are dedicated to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues
- Be highly committed to completing the course
- Be a BiH citizen and reside in BiH for the entire duration of the Winter term 2020 program
- Have the ability to complete academic work at U.S. university level(an advanced level of reading and writing in English, roughly equivalent to a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Score of 525/iBT 70). Candidates are not required to register for TOEFL
- Have an understanding of English technical terms relating to computers and the Internet
- Have regular access (4-5 times/week) to a reliable, up-to-date computer with high-speed internet connectivity
- Have basic technology skills related to email, internet searches and downloads/uploads, logins/passwords, and e-file use (e.g., PDF files, Microsoft Word or Excel). Practical Applications in Listening and Speaking Skills participants require access to real-time tools such as Skype
- Be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for coursework for the entire duration of the course
- Not be a U.S. citizen.
Interested applicants must apply to the U.S. Embassy in BiH using the application forms available for download here.
Candidates may submit their completed application at email@example.com with the subject line “Candidate Last, First Name 2020 Winter Term AE E-Teacher Program” or mail it, to be received by Oct. 22, 2019, to: U.S. Embassy in BiH, Academic Exchange Coordinator, 1 Robert C. Frasure Street, 71000 Sarajevo.
For more program information, please visit the American English E-Teacher Program’s website.
Contact with questions the U.S. Embassy in BiH’s Academic Exchange Coordinator at WhitneyKM@state.gov. When emailing, use the subject line: “2020 Winter Term AE E-Teacher Program.”