Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Event: As of March 16, the Bosnian Ministry of Health confirmed twenty-four cases of COVID-19 in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The government of Bosnia and Herzegovina has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Bosnia has barred admission to travelers who have recently visited China, South Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran, France, Romania, Germany, Austria, Spain, Switzerland, and Belgium. Visit the website of the Council of Ministers of Bosnia and Herzegovina for additional information on these measures. The Border Police and BIHAMK are regularly updating information on border closings. The entity-level governments of the Federation and the Republika Srpska have implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visit the webpages of the Republika Srpska and the Federation of BiH’s Crisis Staff Headquarters for updated information.
Effective March 17, 2020 U.S. Embassy Sarajevo has suspended routine consular services; emergency American Citizen Services including passport issuance and reports of birth abroad continue to be available. Please visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 1 Robert C. Frasure Street
+(387) 33 704 000, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
+(387) 33 704 000 (after-hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bosnia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.