Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina, countrywide
Event: The summer holiday season provides a good chance to remind U.S. citizens to pay attention to their personal safety and security. Here are some general safety actions to take:
Actions to Take:
- Travel with others when possible.
- Inform your colleagues and family about your plans and how to reach you.
- Have situational awareness:
- Remain vigilant at locations with large crowds, such as festivals and events.
- Be alert to individuals who crowd you, walk toward you or near you when the area you are in is not crowded.
- If confronted, do not struggle or try to apprehend the person. Give them anything they want. You don’t own anything that is worth getting seriously injured for.
- Try to park your car in well-lighted areas.
- U.S. Embassy Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
+(387) 33 704 000, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
+(387) 33 704 000 (after-hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bosnia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.