An official website of the United States government

BiH Entry Requirements for Minors
U.S. Citizen Services

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Entry Requirements for Minors

Minor children (under 18) not accompanied by parents need to have a written consent from both parents in order to enter and leave BiH.  The written consent may be in either English or the local language and it must be notarized.  If the minor’s trip begins in BiH and the destination is the United States, parents’ consent form can be notarized either by a Bosnian notary, court or municipal clerk, or at the Consular Section of the U. S. Embassy, where the usual procedures for notarial services apply.  Minors whose trips originate elsewhere should have the document notarized by a local notary or at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

If the child is accompanied by one parent, particularly if the parent has a different last name from the child’s, it is recommended, although not legally required, that the accompanying parent carry a notarized letter from the other parent giving permission to travel.