Notarial Services

Please note: The Department of State assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not in a position to vouch for such information.

Notarial services are available to all U.S. passport holders with documents destined for use in the United States. The individual who needs to sign the document must appear in person at Consular Section, present proper identification in the form of a government-issued document with photograph. If witnesses are required, you must bring your own; consular staff members are prohibited by regulations from acting as witnesses. Do not sign your document until requested to do so by the consular officer.

Please schedule an appointment for a notarial service online.  We encourage you to check out our Tips for Visiting the Embassy page.

Note: Consular officers are prohibited from offering legal advice on the form or content of documents to be notarized. Additionally, consuls are not authorized to certify true copies of academic credentials, college transcripts or diplomas.


The fee for any notarial service (one notarial seal) is US $50.

Obtaining Certification (Apostille) for Official Documents Issued in Bosnia and Herzegovina for Use in the United States

Apostille can be obtained at Municipal Courts (for Sarajevo – Basic Court I in Senoina Street # 1; citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina should additionally refer to the Ministry of Justice and General Administration in Sarajevo, building of the Basic Court I – Osnovni Sud I in Senoina Street #1). The procedure for obtaining an apostille is as follows:

  1. Documents in Bosnian must be translated into English. A list of authorized court translators is available in every municipal court throughout the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. A list of translators is also available by clicking on the link.
  2. The certified translation is taken to a Municipal Court which certifies that the text in English is a true translation. There is a fee for the certification. Check with the local court for current information on fees.

The document is now valid for legal purposes in the United States.