Welcome to the Passport & Citizenship Unit of the U.S. Embassy Sarajevo. We provide services for United States Citizens in Bosnia and Herzegovina. We are open for appointments Monday to Thursdays mornings. The Unit is closed to the public on U.S. and BiH public holidays.
Please note: There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration. These services are by appointment only.
If you are traveling within the next 2 business days, please see ” Emergency Travel” on the right-hand side of this page for further information.
Select the service you require:
Apply for a Passport
- Renew an adult passport
- Renew a child’s passport under the age of 16
- Replace a damaged passport
- Apply for an adult passport – my last passport was issued before I was 16 or more than 15 years ago
- Apply for a second passport
- Replacing a lost or stolen passport
- Reporting the birth of a child born outside the United States and applying for the first passport
- Apply for a passport card
- Emergency Travel