- Your current U.S. passport;
- One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; BiH size photos will not be accepted
- Evidence of your name change (see below)
- The correct application form (see below)
Evidence of Name Change
In order to complete your application, you must bring the relevant evidence of your name change:
- Name change due to marriage: Marriage Certificate
- Name change due to divorce: Divorce Decree which has both married and maiden names listed.
- Name change due to court decision: A copy of the court decision.
If you are applying for your child who is under the age 16, you should follow the instructions for applying for a child’s passport. If this is your first passport after the age of 16, you should follow the instructions for a first time passport. If your U.S. passport was issued more than twelve months ago, please follow the instructions for a routine passport renewal.
You should use application DS-5504 if both of the following are true:
- Your last passport is less than 12 months old.
- You obtained your last passport after the age of 16.