Required Documents

Required Documents:

  • Your current U.S. passport;
  • One passport sized (2x2inch) photograph – see photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected; BiH size photos will not be accepted
  • Evidence of your name change (see below)
  • The correct application form (see below)

Evidence of Name Change

In order to complete your application, you must bring the relevant evidence of your name change:

  • Name change due to marriage: Marriage Certificate
  • Name change due to divorce: Divorce Decree which has both married and maiden names listed.
  • Name change due to court decision: A copy of the court decision.


If you are applying for your child who is under the age 16, you should follow the instructions for applying for a child’s passport. If this is your first passport after the age of 16, you should follow the instructions for a first time passport. If your U.S. passport was issued more than twelve months ago, please follow the instructions for a routine passport renewal.

You should use application DS-5504 if both of the following are true:

  • Your last passport is less than 12 months old.
  • You obtained your last passport after the age of 16.