Replace a damaged passport

U.S. Passports that are damaged or in poor condition must be replaced, as they are no longer valid for travel. For security reasons, damaged passports may be retained by this office. 

If your U.S. passport is damaged, you must apply for a new passport in person through a pre-arranged appointment.