- Required Documents
- Under 16 – Only One Parent Can Attend
- Scheduling Appointment: Embassy Sarajevo
- Processing Times & Return of Passport
If one custodial parent is not able to attend, s/he must submit a notarized Form DS-3053 Statement of Consent. The form can be downloaded here (PDF 52 KB). At the time the DS-3053 form is presented, a copy of the same identity document used to notarize the form must also be provided.
Alternatively, the applying parent may furnish one of the following documents:
- Child’s birth certificate listing only applying parent;
- Adoption decree (if applying parent is sole adopting parent);
- Court Order granting sole custody to the applying parent (i.e the absent parent has no access to the child. Child’s travel must not be restricted by that order;
- Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-applying parent, or death certificate of non-applying parent.